Saturday, April 25, 2009

Risk vs. Chance

You know what I especially love about the weather? The weather forecast.
I've been enjoying watching the looming high pressure meeting the low pressure systems and the fun words it makes meteorologists use.
This afternoon there is a risk (POP 30%/someone or something that creates or suggests a hazard) of thunderstorms. Later this evening there is a chance (POP 60%/something that happens unpredictably without discernible human intention or observable cause).
I know words mean different things in different contexts - but how could it be that risking something is less of a possibility than chancing something?
That's my weather
brouhaha for the day.

Also, things are shaping up at ol' Hanks.
Dan D has a big ol' pot of Carrot & Ginger Soup on.
He is also stirrin' up a stew I am calling Curry Chunk o' Beef & Veg Stew.
You know, big chunks of beef & veggies in a curry like stew-liquid.
(Also, this is why I am not a scientist. I would have too much fun naming compounds.)

On another note, I am looking forward to a beautiful day.

See you soon,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment