Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer Reading

It feels like this weekend has been a long time coming.
It will also be a weekend that expects you to stay in and enjoy a good read.
Not my reading list but Oprah's, I'm more of a catch up on stuff this summer kind of girl.
I've got a few I need to read that I don't think I can do in the winter like Three Day Road & The Road. I've also got The Geography of Hope which I started and then just never finished(for no good reason). Two more books I bought and haven't got to are The End of Food which Michael Pollan recommends, as well as Marion Nestle's What to Eat.
Reading is on my list for the weekend.

To get you to the weekend!
Soup today is a vegetarian friendly Roasted Acorn Squash Soup.

Salad Department today includes...
Broccoli Salad with bacon and a delicious raw cow's cheddar from PEI.
Chicken Salad (Great on it's own or with a friend!)
Orzo Salad filled with Ontario goodness like Red & Purple Peppers and dressed with a Purple Pesto (Nut Alert! Pine Nuts).
Macaroni Salad with a little bit of chili (not really enough to hurt just enough to help)

All part of a super selection for a Friday.

See you soon,
Max

P.S. Don't forget to VOTE FOR HANK.

No comments:

Post a Comment